Event Chain Methodology for construction projects

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Jason

Event Chain Methodology for construction projects

Post by Jason » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 pm

I'm construction project manager with 25 years experience. I read your article related to Event Chain Methodology on PMBoulevard and found it very interesting. I think that using events and event chains as a representation of uncertainties will work much better than just defining regular three point estimates for duration and cost of the activity. Is somebody using this approach in the construction industry?
Jason

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:02 pm

We have a number of clients who is using our Event Chain Methodology for construction projects. We have a residential construction project as one of the samples. You can visit our case study at http://www.intaver.com:/index-sol-ind.html.

Event Chain Methodology works well for construction project of different size. Some our clients are using this approach for determining cost of future projects.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Thank you for your information. I have downloaded your software and will try to use it.
Jason