Accessing raw cost simulation data

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Ken

Accessing raw cost simulation data

Post by Ken » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Where I can go to see the calculations behind the “Cost Score” on the “Project Information window”? The cost score I’m getting is twice what the duration score is, which doesn’t make much sense to me, given that the overwhelming driver of cost in my project is labor, and the only uncertainties I have in my schedule are duration uncertainties, since I know the labor rates of my resources.
Ken the PM

Intaver Support

Re: Accessing raw cost simulation data

Post by Intaver Support » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:51 pm

I am assuming you are referring to the Meters on the Project Summary (or Project Information in the Addin). The calculation used is can be seen by clicking the ? on the bottom right corner of the meters.

The raw cost data can be copied from the Cost Chart. I agree, typically when using resource/rates for calculating costs, variance (of which the score is a measure) should be closely correlated.

Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com