Moderator: Intaver Support
To quickest way to recreate the 7.1 file in 7.0 format:
1. Best practice would be to use the Excel Export in 7.1 to export your risk assignment data from the Risk Assignment view. This will be used as a record of how the risks have been assigned to the tasks or resources.
2. Export the file as an MSP XML file. Select Deterministic Schedule.
3. In the Risk tab, Export/Import Group, Risk Register, click Save Risk Register. This will create a risk register file *.alr. This includes all the risk meta data, but not the probabilities and impacts. The file will be used to import the list of risks.
Note: This same process can be used to recreate a file to an earlier version with the exception of the use of the Risk Assignment view. In this case, you may use Global Risk Assignment to as a guide to recreate your risk assignments.
Now you have 3 pieces of data to recreate the file. An xml file, a risk register file (*.alr), and the risk assignments in an Excel file.
4. Open version 7.0 and import the xml file. This will load the schedule into RiskyProject 7.0
5. In the Risk tab, Import/Export group, click Load Risk Register. Browse to the risk register file that you created. Click OK to load the risks.
6. Using the risk assignment information in the Excel file, reassign risks to the schedule.
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject