Probabilistic and conditional branching

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Post Reply
RiskGuru
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:27 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Probabilistic and conditional branching

Post by RiskGuru » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:49 pm

I found that you have both probabilistic and conditional branching. Could you explain how it works?

Intaver Support
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:55 am

Post by Intaver Support » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:50 pm

Probabilistic branching allows the project to branch from one task to another task or group of tasks as part of the simulation process. For example, depending on results of project elaboration, there is a 40% chance that one project alternative will be selected and a 60% chance that another project alternative will be selected.

Conditional branching allows the project to branch from one task to another task based on certain conditions. For example, if a feature development task takes longer than 2 weeks, this may be require shorter development time for other features. Conditions related to task duration, finish time, and cost can be specified for each task that has successors. RiskyProject checks these if then conditions during simulations.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Intaver Support
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:55 am

Re: Probabilistic and conditional branching

Post by Intaver Support » Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am

For more information, please see our blog post http://intaver.com/blog-project-managem ... -projects/.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Post Reply