Automatically adjusting schedules using Latest Project Deadline

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Strategy Table

Automatically adjusting schedules using Latest Project Deadline

Post by Strategy Table » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:58 pm

I am trying to set a dead as the absolute latest a project can finish, therefore any risks or delays in tasks should result in them being set to start earlier with the results Gantt. Do you know if this is possible?
I am not sure if that makes any sense at all. In essence I am trying to have the risk show tasks having to start earlier to meet the fixed deadline rather than extend out beyond it.

Intaver Support

Re: Automatically adjusting schedules using Latest Project Deadline

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:59 pm

With deadlines the results will only show that it fails to meet the deadline. It does not compress the schedule as you would like. Typically the schedule compression or acceleration requires a complete rework of the schedule including adding additional resources, more parallel activities. etc as required.
The only thing we offer is generating a new schedule from the results using the export to xml feature. In this case you would have to find percentile level that meets the deadline. However, this schedule could be very optimistic depending upon what the P level selected.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com