Import new schedule from MS Project and keep risks

This forum containts questions about RiskyProject project risk analysis and risk management software: features, issues, problem reports. If you have any problems or question, please submit it here.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Sornix

Import new schedule from MS Project and keep risks

Post by Sornix » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Hello,

I imported a project schedule from MS Project in XML format to RiskyProject. Then I created very many risks and assigned them to tasks. Then I made changes in MS Project file and opened it again in RiskyProject. I don't have any risks anymore. I would like to keep my risks with the updated schedule. How can I do it?
Manager Business Development

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm

You may do it using File -> Import ->Import XML instead of File -> Open.

1. Open your old file in RiskyProject with assigned risks
2. Click on File -> Import
3. Select that you want to keep risks
4. Click OK

RiskyProject would keep risks assigned to tasks based on unique task ID from MS Project. When MS Project file was imported to RiskyProject for the first time this unique task IDs are saved in RiskyProject. Now if you change duration or even name of the task in MS Project, import it to RiskyProject, all local risks for this task will be kept.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:03 pm

RiskyProject 3 now offer a seemless integration with Microsoft Project.

When RiskyProject is installed it checks if Project is installed on the computer and adds a RiskyProject toolbar and macro to Project. Using this toolbar you may transfer your project schedule to RiskyProject, add risks and uncertainties and perform the analysis. Your schedules in Project and RiskyProject are fully synchronized: if you change schedule in Project it will be reflected in RiskyProject. Risk and uncertainties defined in RiskyProject will be linked to your Project schedule.

Here is how the integration works:

1. The first time you open Project after installing RiskyProject for Project, check to see that the RiskyProject toolbar is visible. You can enable or disable the toolbar by clicking on Toolbars in the View menu.

2. Create a schedule in Project.

3. Click one of buttons on the RiskyProject toolbar in Microsoft Project to go to selected RiskyProject view. Essentially, RiskyProject offers additional risk related views to Project such as risk adjusted Gantt Charts, Risk Matrixes, a risk adjusted cash flow charts and others.

4. Add risks, uncertainties, and other risk-related information in the RiskyProject views.

5. Run the simulation, perform the analysis and report the results from RiskyProject.

6. At any moment you can go back to Project and make changes to your schedule. All changes will be reflected in RiskyProject. However if you make changes to the deterministic project schedule in RiskyProject, these changes may be overwritten by Project schedule.

RiskyProject toolbar in Project is a preferred method of integration with Project 2003 and 2007. You may also open Project files (MPP, XML, and MPX file formats) in RiskyProject. Please click here for more information.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com