Assigning Risks to Tasks with Resource Costs

This forum focus on project portfolio risk management theory and RiskyProject Enterprise software. Submit any questions about enterprise risk management, and qualitative / quantitative risk analysis for multiple projects. This forum also includes discussions about project risk analysis on the enterprise level.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Stu1

Assigning Risks to Tasks with Resource Costs

Post by Stu1 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:01 pm

Looking for some help on how to model risks with resources. I have a task that runs for 3 months, with a resource or resources assigned at 100% for the duration of the task. I have a time delay risk that has a 15% of causing a 10% delay to that task. I want to show an extension of time to that task and then any affecting it in the triangular distribution on the result gantt, but then also an extension of time required from the resource working extra due to the extended time and therefore an increase in cost. How do I go about doing this?

Intaver Support

Re: Assigning Risks to Tasks with Resource Costs

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:02 pm

If you model a schedule risk with resources allocated to the affected tasks. The added costs due to the increased time due the risk will be calculated based on the resource rate and will be part of the analysis. You can also model this by you apply the risk directly to the resource, however if that resource is assigned to any other tasks, they will be affected as well.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com