Importing resource leveled schedules

This forum includes discussion about project risk analysis and risk management theory: Monte Carlo simulations, Event Chain Methodology, schedule and cost risk analysis. Please submit questions and case studies about your experience with our project risk analysis software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Fer23

Importing resource leveled schedules

Post by Fer23 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:11 am

I have a question on how to best handle resource leveling in risky project. In my MS Project schedule I have leveling delay to ensure that the nominal schedule is in balance however this information is not transferred to Risky Project. My question is, what is recommended strategy for resource constrained schedules in risky project.
Project risk management, decision and risk analysis

Intaver Support

Re: Importing resource leveled schedules

Post by Intaver Support » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:17 am

We do not currently perform resource leveling in RiskyProject as there are several issues with probabilistic resource leveling whose solution is unclear. For example, all if not most, scheduling software have proprietary algorithms in regards to how the resource leveling is actually performed and how each resource is allocated. Each of these software may save the level schedule in different formats. Therefore because of this uncertainty, at the current time we recommend that after users import their schedule they create explicit Finish Start links between the activities resources to which the resources are assigned. This will roughly approximate the effect of resource leveling on schedules.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com