Cannot install version 3.2

This forum containts questions about RiskyProject project risk analysis and risk management software: features, issues, problem reports. If you have any problems or question, please submit it here.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Hato

Cannot install version 3.2

Post by Hato » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 am

Hi, I am trying to install RiskyProject 3.2 trial version on my computer. I am currently running Windows 7.

When I run the install, the instll wizard seems to hang. It starts and runs basically all the way through according to the progress bar, but then stalls or hangs right at the end and never completes.

Please help!!

H Kira
Project manager

Intaver Support

Install hanging due to MS Project integration dialog

Post by Intaver Support » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 am

Hi,

The most likely cause of this is that at the end of the installation process, the installer will attempt to install the integration with Microsoft Project. When it does this, a dialog box opens up and prompts the user whether they want to install the intgegration module. Depending upon how your desktop is set at the time of the installtion, this dialog can open up behind the main installer and unless you know that it is there, it remain virtually invisible. The result is that the installer appears to "hang" while it waits for the user to input their choice.

To see if the MSP integration is the cause, just ALT+Tab to toggle between the open applications dialog boxes to see if this dialog box is open.

Hope that this helps.

Intaver Support
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com

Hobbit

Installing on Windows 7 interrupted message

Post by Hobbit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:09 am

I attempted to install RiskyProject 3.2 on Windows 7 with Project 2007 and got a message that the installation had been interrupted and that I need to quit and try again.

This keeps occuring everytime I attempt this, are there some compatiability issues with Windows 7 and if so, do you have a work around.

H

Intaver Support

Install interuppted message

Post by Intaver Support » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 am

Though we have been unable to reproduce this error on our testing machines, we believe that this may be caused by the attempt by our installer to install the MS Project integration. We will be releasing a specific patch that will be available for those who are experiencing this issue that disables the MSP integration. Contact intaver support at support@intaver.com to enquire about receiving this installation.

Intaver Support
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com