Cannot enter distribution

This forum containts questions about RiskyProject project risk analysis and risk management software: features, issues, problem reports. If you have any problems or question, please submit it here.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Monte Carlo

Cannot enter distribution

Post by Monte Carlo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:08 am

I created new task in RiskyProject, then I was trying to define distribution, but RiskyProject does not let me do so.
Project Manager

Intaver Support

Re: Cannot enter distribution

Post by Intaver Support » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:15 am

In order to define statistical distribution for duration or cost, you need first to define low and high estimates of duration and cost. For example, you can create new task. Low, base and high durations of this task will be 5 day by default. Then you can double click on task ID. Task information dialog will come up. Then you can go Distribution tab. You cannot define any statistical distributions because you did not define different low and high estimates of duration.

You need to go back to task grid and define different low and high estimates for duration, for example, 3 days and 7 days. Then go to Task information dialog, Distribution tab and define statistical distribution. The same is true to fixed cost distribution.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com