Import data to RiskyProject while keeping risks?

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Everest 1998

Import data to RiskyProject while keeping risks?

Post by Everest 1998 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:03 pm

I imported data from MS Project to RiskyProject and assigned risks few days ago. Yesterday I updated my original Project Schedule in MS Project. Can I import data to RiskyProject again but keep risks?

Intaver Support

Post by Intaver Support » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:09 pm

You can use import feature of RiskyProject to import project schedule without updating risks.

It is possible to import data from WelcomRisk, XML and MPX files. XML and MPX files can be created using external applications such as Microsoft Project. Normally, you would import data to update a project schedule without updating its risks. Therefore, when you import an XML or MPX file into an open document, the import updates the data in the open document.

To Import data in MPX or XML format:

1. From the File menu choose Import>XML or Import>MPX.
2. Select file you want to import. If the document already contains a project schedule, the following dialog box opens.
3. Select either option and click OK.

If you select the Completely update existing project schedule option, the project schedule will be deleted and replaced with the one contained in the imported file.

If you selected Update project schedule and keep local and global risks option, tasks and resources will be updated, but local and global risks will not be deleted from the current document. To determine which tasks in the new schedule require particular local risks from those in the old schedule, RiskyProject uses task name and unique task ID.
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com