Can i create hammock tasks in RiskyProject

General discussion and questions about project risk management and risk analysis software RiskyProject. Includes discussion on how to perform efficient project risk analysis using our software.

Moderator: Intaver Support

Simulate167

Can i create hammock tasks in RiskyProject

Post by Simulate167 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:44 am

I'm trying to do a simulation the planning for the installation of equipment on a jackup oil drilling rig. The time that the rig stays in port is dependant on the duration of time it takes to deliver and install equipment. I want to create a task representing the the rig and apply the daily rate for the rig there. I want the task to start at the milestone "accept rig", and finish on the finish date of installing all equipment. This would be a so-called "hammock task". I can't see how to setup "hammock tasks" like this in Risky Project. Possible?
Business development manager, North American Operation

Intaver Support

Re: Can i create hammock tasks in RiskyProject

Post by Intaver Support » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi

Very short answer is we don't handle/model hammock tasks in RiskyProject due to some issues with the simulation results.

For example, you have 3 tasks A,B,C . B is the hammock task that starts at end of A and Finishes at start of C.

It is possible in simulations that Task C will start before the end of Task A. How should it calculate the hammock tasks in this instance? We looked at it a couple of years ago and decided that it would be best that we did not support hammock tasks due to this phenomenon.

Best regards,

Intaver Support
Intaver Support Team
Intaver Institute Inc.
Home of Project Risk Management and Project Risk Analysis software RiskyProject
www.intaver.com