Setting up duration defaults
Use the Duration tab to define the calculation of task durations.
- Click the Schedule tab. In the Settings group,
- Click the Duration tab.
- Select the time units that will be used to enter Duration and
Work. Duration and Work can be entered in minutes, hours, days,
weeks, and months.
- Define default value for effort driven flag for new tasks.
- Select how low and high durations will be calculated:
- Absolute values can be added (subtracted) to the Base
- High and low durations are calculated by multiplyingHigh and low durations are calculated by multiplying the
Base duration with a coefficient.
- Internally all calculations in RiskyProject are in hours. The units you select
are only for data entry and display.
- By default, Low, Base, and High durations are the same. This is important as
RiskyProject recommends that you use Risks to calculate task durations rather
than a range of uncertainty. T
- Low and High can represent a different uncertainty range
depending upon the distribution that you apply. For uniform and
triangular distributions, Low and High represent the minimum and
maximum duration. For normal and lognormal distributions, the range
can be P1/P99, P5/P95, or P10/P90, which you define in the
Distribution tab of the Task Information dialog for each particular
Setting up your project defaults