Risk Register View
risk register is a set of all risk in the project. The risk register
can be populated in two ways:
- Directly entering risk information into the risk register view.
- Using the Global Risk Assignment view or risk tabs in Task Information
dialog and resource information dialog. Any new risks entered using
these views and tabs will be automatically added to the risk
Risk registers include the following information:
- Risk names: Each risk name is unique. You
cannot define risk with the same name within risk register.
- Risk parameters: risks can
be opened and closed, risks or issues, assigned to different tasks
or resources, and risk properties (dates, owner, contact,
- Calculated risk
parameters: pre and post- mitigation probabilities, impact,
and scores, is this risk threat, opportunity or both.
- To view pre-mitigation probabilities, impacts, and scores
you must calculate the project.
- To view post mitigation probabilities, impacts, and scores,
you must create a new baseline that models mitigation efforts (e.g.
by reducing the chance of a risk occurring and recalculating). Once
you have recalculated, the project probabilities, impacts, and
scores in the current schedule will be shown as post-mitigation
results. Probabilities, impacts, and scores in the saved baseline
schedule will be shown as pre-mitigation results.
Opening the Risk Information dialog box
Double-click on any risk ID to open the Risk information
dialog box. There you can enter risk parameters, assign risks to
tasks and resources, and view risk mitigation information.
Saving and loading the Risk Register
Risks in RiskyProject