Creating a mitigation or risk response plan
- Click the Risks tab. In the Risk Views group,
click Mitigation/ Response Plans.
- Enter the mitigation or response plan name. Summary entries will help you to
organize information, but they are not considered a mitigation plan.
- Select either Mitigation or Response plan
- For Response plans, enter an Outcome Type and Outcome
of the response. The outcomes types are populated automatically based not the
list of outcome type.
- Enter the Cost of the mitigation or response plan
- For Mitigation plans, enter default reduction of probability and impact if
mitigation plan is assigned to the risk. For example, mitigation plan reduces
probability on 5% and impact on 10%. If mitigation plan is assigned to the risk
that has 45% probability and 30% impact before mitigation, the risk will have
40% probability and 20% impact after mitigation.
- Enter the mitigation or response plan description. If you double-click on a
mitigation/response plan ID, the Mitigation or Response Plan Description
dialog box will open.
A mitigation or response plan can be assigned to multiple risks. The cost of mitigation or
response plans will be included to each risk.
Mitigation and Response Plans
Creating Mitigation Summary and Subplans