Adding a predecessor to a task
- Select the task to which you want to add a predecessor.
- Open the Task Information dialog box.
- Click the Predecessor tab.
- On the first row of the grid, click in the Task Name cell. A
drop-down list appears containing a list of all available tasks or
- Select the predecessor from the drop-down list. By default, the
predecessor type is Finish- Start (FS).
- If required, enter a lag time. Use the Lag
low and Lag high
cells to enter a range of time. Lag can be positive or negative.
- If you are entering a base, high and low lag, you can change the
default distribution using the drop-down list in the distribution
- f the low and high lags are different, the default distribution is triangular.
- If low, base, and high lag are the same the distribution is undefined.
- If required, edit the Seed number. Seed is the
starting parameter used for the random number generation that is
used to calculate lag. If you have two predecessors, and they have
strong positive correlations between their lags, you can make their
seeds the same. For example, a low lag for one predecessor will
coincide with a low lag for another predecessor.
- Click OK.
cannot make a task be a predecessor to itself
You cannot create a schedule that it will lead to a circular
relationship between tasks
You cannot link a summary task to one of its subtasks
You cannot link two tasks twice.